Return to Play
Dear NOW Campers,
Dr. Henry has released a few new Provincial Health orders on November 7, 2020. Volleyball BC has given us direction on how to run training under the new provincial health order. As we ran volleyball training in the summer with this model, we are comfortable adapting our current training to the phase that Volleyball BC has instituted for the first day of our Winter Ice Breaker, November 22nd.
o Activities must be limited to skills development and those that permit physical distancing at all times (eg. individual serving, passing, attacking practice)
o No competitive volleyball as this does not permit social distancing.
o Participants must maintain social distancing at all times on and off the court.
o There must be no more than 6 individuals per court (3 per side).
o No blocking at the net.
NOW Volleyball will be modifying the first day (Nov 22) of our camp to meet with the new PHO and regulations set out by Volleyball BC. The following points are important to note:
- Training will be adjusted to model a semi-private training environment where athletes will be offered skill specific training and feedback
- Training will have 6-8 athletes per court. This is a great opportunity to receive semi-private individualized training at a reduced rate.
- With limited training options under the new temporary protocols, the new 1 hour and 45 minute (12U-14U = 1 hr 15 mins) training times are more conducive to productive training
- Training will be modified to include reduced number of athletes
- Training times will be shortened to 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Athletes from the following regions will not be allowed to participate in the November 22nd camp:
- North Vancouver
- Mandatory masks while training by both athletes and coaches
- Spectators are not allowed within the facility
We strive to provide safe, adequate training for our athletes. During these times, it is important that we are all flexible and adapt to the current situation. Sport is incredibly important to the mental wellness of athletes, and continuing to train in a modified environment enables us to show that we can adapt and still enjoy the sport we love.
ALL registered athletes must reply to the survey they received in their email by NOVEMBER 16th to let us know if you will be attending the Nov 22nd Winter Ice Breaker under the new guidelines above.
15U & 16U | 10:00 am – 11:45 am
17U – 18U | 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm
15U – 16U Male & 17U – 18U Male | 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm
Thank you for your patience & flexibility. We hope to see everyone soon.
Stay safe & healthy
REGULAR REFUND POLICY
It is NOW Volleyball policy is that no refunds will be given once programs have commenced. It is club policy that refunds will ONLY be given under specific extenuating circumstances. Return of the registration fee must be approved by the registrar and will be prorated if the sessions have already begun. Refunds are subject to:
- a $40 cancellation fee
- prorated amount, based on the amount of sessions elapsed
- deduction of unrecoverable costs (ie. facility fees, affiliation fees, equipment, etc.)
- refunds will not be given for sessions cancelled due to inclement weather or athlete missed sessions
COVID-19 REFUND POLICY
In the event that NOW Volleyball has to shut a program down on the advise of the Public Health Officials and a confirmed case of covid-19 and participant exposure as determined by the Public Health Officials, participants will receive a pro-rated discount for the remainder of the sessions less unrecoverable costs.
PARTICIPANT FALLS ILL – COVID TEST OR NO COVID TEST
If an athlete falls ill, our regular Refund policy will take effect. If participant exhibits Covid-19 symptoms, it is imperative they contact 8-1-1 immediately. Please refer to our RETURN TO PLAY page for specific instructions.
No refunds will be given for regular illness, unconfirmed by official Covid-19 test.
No refunds will be given for Covid-19 positive test results as it falls under our regular illness policy above.
If you have any questions, please email the program coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
GYM TIME IS CANCELED
If the gym time booked is canceled, registered participants will be able to choose from one of the following options:
- Receive a full refund
- Full credit forward: allow NOW Volleyball to retain your full fees paid thus far to be used for a future camp registration. Full credits do not expire and can be used for any NOW Volleyball Camp registration and for any individual within your household. Families who choose this option will be given the opportunity to register for our next NOW Volleyball Camp before the general public.